Pollens (Grasses, Weeds, Trees)
- Avoid Fields.
- Keep lawns cut short.
- Keep pets inside while mowing.
- Rinse pet after exposure to high grasses and weeds.
- Keep pet indoors at dusk & early morning during heavy pollen season.
- Use air conditioners and keep windows closed.
House Dust Mites & Fleas
- Wash bedding in hot water weekly.
- Cover furniture that pet sleeps on with sheet and wash weekly.
- Use barrier type covers on mattress/ pillows where pet might sleep.
- Wash stuffed toys frequently.
- Keep pet in uncarpeted rooms when possible.
- Frequently damp mop all areas pet has access to.
- Change furnace filters frequently.
Molds & Storage Mites
- Keep pets out of damp basements.
- Feed high quality pet food & store in a solid airtight container.
- Clean pet food storage areas and bins with chlorine bleach solution monthly.
- Avoid having large numbers of house plants.
- Avoid confining pets to rooms with high moisture levels (bathroom, basement, laundry room).